Wireless network for Windows
How to setup Wi-Fi / wireless network "eduroam" for Windows.
- Automatic setup
- Login to eduroam
- Manual setup
1. Automatic setup
Most Windows computers may be connected to wireless network without making any changes on the computer setup.
Do the following:
1. On your computer: Click on the icon for wireless network / Wi-Fi. See screenshot below.
2. Select "eduroam" from the list of networks.
3. Select "Connect" to finish the setup.
Login to eduroam
Username: OsloMet firstname.lastname@example.org
- For students: s+student email@example.com, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- For staff: email@example.com, e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: OsloMet password
If a message box is visible, choose: "Connect".
2. Manual setup
- Select your operating system: Windows Vista | Windows 7 | Windows 8 | Windows 10 (eduroam.no)
- Download the .exe file to your computer and save the .exe file somewhere you can find it again.
- Install the software on your computer.
See screenshot below of the .exe file message window on screen. Save the file on your computer.
2. Check the network settings for connection
For network name/SSID.
Check the following values:
- SSID: eduroam
- Security / Encryption Type: WPA2-Enterprise with AES
- Authentication Method: PEAP (Protected EAP, EAP-PEAP)
- Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP v2
Problems with connecting eduroam on Windows 10?
How to delete the eduroam profile on Windows 10 to access Wi-Fi on OsloMet.