VPN for macOS
Setup of VPN client Viscosity for macOS.
- The computer must have access to Internet.
- You must have administrator access on your computer.
Please note! Follow the instructions as described otherwise the program will not be licensed and the settings for connecting to OsloMet will not be added.
Do you have an OsloMet Mac?
- The Viscosity client is pre-installed an all Mac computers hosted by OsloMet.
- Follow the instructions for how to start and how to log off the Viscosity client.
- Install the VPN client Viscosity for macOS
- Connect to file server
- Disconnect VPN
1. Install the VPN client Viscosity for macOS
Note! Mac's hosted by OsloMet will be automatic updated with the latest version of Viscosity via connecting eduroam or the cable network at campus.
1.1 Download and install Viscosity
For a private Mac:
- Download the latest version of Viscosity for macOS (distro.tjenester.hioa.no).
- Select the tab: "Mac-programmer" - and locate the file for Viscosity.
- Click on: Download (Last ned).
1.2 Install Viscosity
Step 1. Unzip the file by clicking on it.
Step 2. Follow the instructions.
Step 3. Click on: Install.
Step 4: Administrator access to your Mac
You need to login to your Mac with the administrator username and password.
- Enter your administrator username and password.
- Click on: Install Software.
Step 5. Viscosity is now installed.
Step 6. End the installation.
- Click on: Move to Trash (to move the installation package to trash).
1.3 Open Viscosity
- Search for Viscosity in Spotlight.
- Click on the Viscosity icon to open - it in the tool bar.
1.4 Connect to "HiOA-VPN"
The app is now visible.
The Viscosity icon (circle with a Key Lock) is located in the toolbar up-right.
See an example of the Viscosity icon below.
- To connect VPN, click: "Connect HiOA-VPN"
1.5 Username and password
1. Username: Your OsloMet user name
- For students: s123456
- For staff: (OsloMet user name)
2. Password: Your OsloMet password
3. Click: OK
4. Tick off: Remember details in my Keychain. The password will be stored in Keychain. The computer remembers your password at login.
5. The computer is now connected to "HiOA-VPN".
Your computer is now connected to "HiOA-VPN". Continue in the guide below to get for access to your files.
2. Connect to file server
Connect to file server for macOS.
3. Disconnect VPN
- Click on the icon for Viscosity up-right in the toolbar. The menu appears below.
- Select: Disconnect HiOA-VPN