Written examinations with and without invigilation
How do I apply?
You must complete and enclose
- Application form, including signature and date. Download application form.
- Statement from medical practitioner. The medical practitioner should complete page two of the application.
Please note that the original documents will not be returned to sender.
Where do I submit my application?
- The Service Centre at Kjeller or the Examination Office in Pilestredet 46.
- You may also send the application by post. Mark the envelope with "special arrangements". Ask the Postal Service to put the date on the envelope so that we know that you have posted the application within the deadline.
When will I receive the decision relating to my application?
You will receive the decision relating to your application within three weeks. You may also see the result in Studentweb under Status> Exam registrations.
- One month prior to the exam date.
- Exception: Exams in May and June: 1. March
- Exception: Exams in November/December: 1 October
Oral or practical examination
Contact your faculty for more information.
Alternative form of examination
If you will struggle with completing an examination in its original form due to a chronic condition, you may apply for an alternative form of examination (cf. Regulations § 6-9). Please contact the Information Centre at your faculty or the Service Centre at Kjeller for more information.
Submitting an answer paper in another language than Norwegian
You may upon application be granted to submit your answer paper in another language than Norwegian, Swedish or Danish (cf. The Regulations § 6-10). Please contact the Information Centre at your faculty or the Service Centre at Kjeller for more information.
What are my rights?
Rules and procedures relating to special arrangements in connection with examinations are stipulated in Regulations Relating to Studies and Examinations at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences and Guidelines for Processing Applications Relating to Special Arrangements at Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences.
“Candidates who due to medical or other reasons need special arrangements in connection with an examination or need to apply for an alternative form of assessment, must apply within the appointed deadlines. The need for special arrangements must be documented with a medical certificate or a certificate from other relevant experts”. (cf. Regulations § 6-9)
The purpose of special arrangements is to compensate for the disadvantage the disability brings about, and at the same time ensure that the students, to the greatest possible extent, are tested on equal terms. The special arrangement shall not be so comprehensive that it will entail any advantages compared to other students.