What is EndNote?
EndNote is a program that helps you take care of and organize literature references that you later can place as citations and literature lists in Word documents.
How do I use EndNote?
Learn all you need about EndNote on our reference guide pages (hioa.no) or take a EndNote course (see courses under Activities / Calendar).
Install EndNote on a private computer
Before you install, these conditions must be met:
- The computer must be connected to the Internet.
- The computer must then have a VPN connection to OsloMets network.
- Close all Microsoft Office applications (including Outlook) and OpenOffice. Close all Office tools.
- Uninstall any previous versions of EndNote.
How to install EndNote
Note! It is important that you follow the instructions carefully. If you make a mistake, you need to reinstall the program.
- Open distro.tjenester.hioa.no (opens in new window/tab).
- Login with OsloMet username and OsloMet password.
Username for students: s+student number, e.g. s123456
- Download the right version of the EndNote software for your computer
- Extract the zip file before installation.
The license file and installation file must be in the same folder.
If you are prompted for a license during installation, you have not extracted the files properly.
- Start the installation file, select "Install" in the installation menu.
- You have three different options to set the license type. Select: Network License.
- Click "Next" until you are prompted to enter the "License Manager name or Server IP Address".
- Type in the field: LS.ada.hioa.no
- Click: "Set".
- Click: "Next" until the installation is complete.