The Learning Environment Committee
The Learning Environment Committee (LMU) is an advisory body at OsloMet that assists the University College Management on issues related to the students’ learning environment.
LMU aims at initiating and following-up issues related to your physical and psychosocial environment at OsloMet. LMU will also participate in the planning of measures related to the learning environment and issues concerning your safety and welfare.
Let us know!
Please contact us if you
- experience essential scarcities or faults (sound, light, air, temperature, cleaning) in classrooms, auditoriums, restrooms or other rooms at OsloMet
- experience problematic access and practicability
- experience inadequate access on computer equipment
- experience getting insufficient information related to your study programme
- experience delayed administrative procedures or poor service towards students
- have views on how the welfare services may be improved
- experience other issues affecting your study environment negatively
1 August 2017- 31 July 2018
Student members in LMU:
- Julie Størholdt Iversen, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Martine Gjerde, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Mariam Butt, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Petter Magnus Jenssen, Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- Eirik Borander, Faculty of Education and International Studies
- Noah Thayalan, Faculty of Health Sciences
Substitute members, students:
- Anette Nøsted, Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- Bendik Kilander, Faculty of Social Sciences
The committee consists of an equal amount of students and staff members. The appointment as leader alternates annually between student and staff member. During the academic year 2017/18 the committee is directed by a student member.
‘The Department of Academic Affairs performs secretary duties for the committee.
The Student Welfare Organisation in Oslo and Akershus (SiO) is invited as observers on the LMU meetings.
1 August 2015- 31 July 2019
- Knut Patrick Hanevik, Dean at Faculty of Education and International Studies
- Pierre Wijnen, Section for Facilities Management and User Support
- Anne Berit Gregersen, Department of Research and Library
- Majken Solberg, Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- Anne Berit Walter, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Ingrid Stensland, Department of External Relations and Communications
Substitute members, staff:
- Egil Trømborg, Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- Christian Trampe-Evert, Management Advisory Services
- Ingunn Nilsen, Learning Center and Library
- Torgrim Eggen, Faculty of Technology, Art and Design
- Lise Kleppe, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Erik Stewart, Department of External Relations and Communications