What is Language Tandem?
Language Tandem is an arrangement where two people with different native tongues get together and teach each other their languages. You can practise Norwegian with a local student who gets to practise your language in return.
You can arrange your first meeting at our Language Café. For the following meetings you don't have to sit in a classroom, but instead you can meet at a coffee shop, by the sea, at your place or maybe go for a walk in the wonderful nature surrounding Oslo!
...and you can ask all the questions you don't dare to ask in class about the weird things Norwegians do and say.
How can I join this great knowledge exchange?
To sign up for Language Tandem, you need to register through this link
When we find a local student for you, we will give you his/her e-mail address so you can arrange to meet. If you want to get a partner in time for the next Language Café, you should sign up at least a week before it takes place.
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a partner for everyone, but we will do our best.
Some things to remember
- You can use the Language Café as a place to meet
- At the first meeting, try to find out what you and your tandem partner want to learn from each other
- We advise you to meet regularly, for example once a week
- Take turns in deciding what to focus on the next time you meet
- Remember that your tandem partner is not a professional teacher, be patient with each other
- Don't sign up unless you are sure you will be available/ have time