As of August 2018, all students and staff at HiOA must use Canvas.
- Log on
- Log on fails
- Room in Fronter
- Submission in Fronter
- Switching from Fronter to Canvas
What happens to Fronter?
- Many students will use Fronter until August 2018. As of August 2018, all students and staff at HiOA must use Canvas.
What should I do with the documents I have in Fronter?
- If you want to take care of any documents, download what you want to save.
What is Canvas and where can I get to know more?
- Canvas-website at HiOA
Who is using Canvas at HiOA?
- About 25 percent of students at HiOA will use Canvas instead of Fronter in January 2018.
- Here is a list about the environments which are using Canvas
- You must be enrolled in a study programme or course at HiOA.
- You log on using your OsloMet user name (e.g. s123456) and your own password.
- You create your own password when you activate your User Account. Your own password is not a PIN code (4 digits).
- Have you been a student at HiOA before, please read information under "New student?".
- Yor will receive information about your status as a student after being enrolled in a study programme or course at HiOA.
- You have to activate your User Account.
- For technical reasons, it can take up to 24 hours before you can log on to Fronter for the first time.
- Remember, if you have completed your studies, left your programme or you have had your right to study evoked you have no longer access to Fronter!
- Check that you have typed your password and user name correctly, s + student number (e.g. s123456). If you have entered the wrong password six times in a row, your User Account will be locked. To unlock your account, you must contact IT Support (BIT)
- Try to log on to your User Account. If you are still unable to log on, you may be entering an incorrect password or you haven`t activated your User Account yet.
- If you have forgotten your password (for your User Account or Fronter) make a new password on the User Account website.
Fronter is structured by rooms. Your membership to a room in Fronter is managed by your faculty.
Do you lack access to a room in Fronter?
- First click on 'Room' -> 'Show all rooms' to see if you can find the room there.
- If you cannot find the Fronter room, contact your faculty (see contact box). State your full name and student number, and say which room you do not have access to.
- You get help by contacting your faculty (see contact box)
- Learning Centre and Library