A diploma is automatically issued to students who have completed and passed a Bachelor’s Degree, a Master’s Degree, a Doctoral Degree, a vocational education or the 1-year Programme in Educational Theory and Practice, in accordance with the nominal length of the programme.
- The diploma is sent to the registered semester address.
- Please take good care of your original diploma. The diploma is normally issued only once.
When can I expect to receive my diploma?
The diploma is issued once the last examination result is announced and published in Studentweb.
- If you are completing your degree in the spring semester, you shall receive the diploma by 1 July.
- If you complete your study programme in accordance with the nominal progress of study, you will automatically receive a diploma from the university.
Delayed progress of study?
If you are delayed, you must order a diploma/transcript of records by sending an e-mail to your faculty. Please remember to state
- Full name
- Student ID number
- Study programme
- When you began your studies
- Telephone number/mobile number
- Correct postal address.
If you have obtained a composed bachelor’s degree, (reference is made to § 2-4 in the current Regulations relating to Studies and Examinations), you must document the composed degree in an application to your faculty in order to get a diploma. The application should be sent by e-mail to your faculty.
The Diploma Supplement is an international supplement that is issued together with the original diploma. The Diploma Supplement shall provide a supplementary description in English of your qualifications and the Norwegian higher education system. The intention is to secure a fair academic and professional recognition of qualifications across frontiers. Please note that the Diploma Supplement is only valid together with the original diploma.
The Diploma Supplement is issued free of charge.
Have you registered your correct postal address in Studentweb?
It is very important that your semester address in Studentweb is correct. The university will send all mail, including the diploma to the registered address. Please remember that you are responsible for updating your address in Studentweb. By updating your address you will avoid any delays.
Have you lost your diploma?
The diploma is normally issued only once. However, if you have lost your original diploma, you may apply for a copy.
A written application must be sent to OsloMet – Oslo Metropolitan University by mail or e-mail to the faculty where the degree was completed. Documentation of the loss must be included in the application together with
- Full name
- National ID number
- Correct postal address, phone number and e-mail address
- Reference to the relevant study programme
- When you began and when you completed your education.
Expected processing time is approximately three weeks.