A Windows 10 operating system may have trouble updating your OsloMet password on your Wi-Fi connection
Solution: You must delete the Eduroam profile so your OsloMet password can be updated.
How to delete the Eduroam profile on Windows 10
1. From the Start menu: Go to Settings > Network & Internet
2. Select "Wi-Fi" on the left.
3. Select the network "Eduroam" on the right.
4. Click on "Manage Wi-Fi settings".
See the screenshot below.
5. Manage Wi-Fi-settings
- Scroll down and click on: "eduroam"
- Click the button: Forget
6. Update the password
- Please update to your new OsloMet password for Eduroam in the Wi-Fi-settings on Windows 10 as shown above.
If your Mac computer have an Eduroam profile from another educational institution, this profile may cause problems for your Mac computer to connect to Eduroam on OsloMet.
Solution: You must delete the other Eduroam profile so you can access Eduroam on HiOA.
How to delete the Eduroam profile on Mac OS
1. Go to System Preferences
- Go to the Apple icon in the upper left of the screen.
- Select: System Preferences ...
- Select: Profiles
See screenshot below for System Preferences > Profiles.
- Click on / activate the "HiOA-eduroam" profile as shown in the screenshot below.
- To delete the profile: Click on the minus [-] button at the bottom of the screen.
Screenshot below showing which profiles are stored under Profiles including "HiOA-eduroam" profile.
3. Deleting the Eduroam profile
- You are then asked: Are you sure you want to remove the profile "HiOA-eduroam"?
- Click on: Remove
4. Administrator access to your computer
You must enter the administrator username and password for your computer, to be able to confirm the deletion of the profile.
- Username: Your administrator username for your Mac computer
- Password: Your administrator password for your Mac computer