- How do I sign in to Canvas?
- Do I have to register for the semester to get access to Canvas?
- How can I change the Language settings?
- Use your HiOA username (e.g. s123456) and your own personal password in the FEIDE service.
- If you already accessed FEIDE service before you log on to Canvas, you will be sent directly to Canvas without FEIDE request.
- Have you signed in to Canvas for the first time you will be asked to agree to Terms and Use of Canvas.
- This is a description of how to sign in to Canvas (pdf).
- Are you a new student or have you been a student at HiOA before, you have to activate your HiOA-user account. Remember: For technical reasons, it can take up to 24 hours before you can log on to Canvas for the first time.
- I have forgotten my username or password
You must complete your registration for the semester and activate you user account at HiOA to get access to your subjects in Canvas.
You must have completed your registration for the semester and activate you user account at HiOA to get access to your subjects in Canvas.
Remember, if you have completed your studies, left your programme or you have had your right to study evoked you have no longer access to Canvas.
If you have forgotten the password to your HiOA-user account, create a new password.
Remember, If you have entered the wrong password six times in a row, your User Account will be locked. To unlock your account, you must contact IT Support (BIT)
HiOA will start using Canvas in the academic year 2017/2018. You will be informed when your Study programme starts using Canvas. The following enviroments are going to start with Canvas from 1st of January 2018:
- Faculty of technology, arts and design - all educations.
- Faculty of Social Sciences - All Educations at the Department of Social Work, Child Welfare and Social policy, Department of Journalism and Media studies and Department of Archivistics, Library and Information Science.
- Faculty of Education and International studies: Bachelor programme in Early Childhood Education and Care – workplace based, Public Sector Interpreting, and selected continuing education.
- Faculty of Health Sciences - Master's Programme in Midwifery, Public Health Nursing Education and selected continuing education.
- INTERACT - course INTER1100
During 2018 Canvas will be used full scale at HiOA. Are you curious about Canvas but not part of one of these pilots, you are invited to take a look at Canvas by logging in.
Nevertheless, your actions in Canvas will be limited.
Are you insecure if it is your turn to use Canvas? Ask your lecturer.
Are you wondering about what you can do I Canvas or are you stuck? Canvas has a rich amount of documentations and guides:
- Dokumentation: Canvas Student Guide
- Video: Canvas Student Video Guide
- Video: Hva som er hva i Canvas
- Are you lost in Canvas? Use the "Help"-button
At the moment HiOA uses Fronter. From august 2018 on HiOA will only use Canvas.
If you want to take care of any documents in Fronter, download what you want to save.