In order to open a bank account, you need a passport and a Norwegian ID–number.
Students staying less than six months
- If you are staying for less than six months, you will need a d-number to open a bank account.
- This is a complicated process if you are not employed, check with your home bank for alternatives.
- If your home bank does not charge substantial fees, we recommend that you do not open a bank account in Norway.
- More information on d-numbers here
Students staying more than six months
- Meet up at your chosen bank and bring your passport and ID.
- You can choose between local and regional banks, as well as international banks.
- Some banks have no physical locations and operate online.
- Ask other students for recommendations.
- Please note that opening a bank account is a lenghty process and it might take more than a month.