Student of the year is awarded to a student who has excelled in their efforts for the study and learning environment, and has been a role model for other students. You can influence who gets the prize by submitting your nomination.
The prize will be awarded to a student who has distinguished herself/himself through activities and efforts that have:
- made significant positive and persistent contributions to the study and learning environment
- contributed to strengthening the academic environment and OsloMet’s reputation nationally and/or internationally
- contributed to OsloMet achieving its strategic goals and have helped to promote OsloMet’s core values: diversity, learning and innovation
- been a role model through his or her efforts and results relating to own studies
The purpose of the prize is to give a reward that stimulates further efforts for quality in study and learning environment, in order to inspire both the prize recipient and other students at the university.
Both students and employees at OsloMet may nominate candidates via a simple web form:
In the nomination form you are kindly asked to state why your candidate deserves the award Student of the year. Please provide short answers, preferably with specific examples.
The jury may, on its own initiative and if necessary, obtain more information about the nominees.
Nomination deadline: Wednesday 16 May
Rector is the owner of the award and appoints a jury to evaluate the submitted proposals. The composition of the jury is as follows:
- Vice Rector for Education (Chair)
- Vice Rector for Research and Development
- Two external student representatives from other institutions, preferably The National Union of Students in Norway (NSO)
- One representative from the Student Parliament's working committee
- One representative for technical-administrative staff and one representative for teaching and research staff from the university board.
The prize is announced and awarded by the Vice Rector for Education in September each year. Keep yourselves updated on the student and employee websites. The price is a diploma and a scholarship grant of NOK. 5.000, -