Three steps to getting a room
1. Apply for SiO housing as soon as possible and no later than the deadline.
The sooner you apply, the better are your chances of getting the room you want. As long as you have already applied to OsloMet, you can apply for housing.
- 31 May Autumn semester
- 31 October Spring semester
2. In the application choose:
- single, furnished room.
- either 1 January or 1 August as your moving in date
- more than one student house (if your first choice has no availability, your second, third or sixth choice might).
3. SiO will only give you one offer. Accept it.
You should receive two emails from SiO:
- One email confirming that your application is registered including a "Personal Identity Number" (this can take a few days to process after you have applied).
- One email after the application deadline with a housing offer. Create a new user using your Personal Identity Number and accept the offer as soon as possible.
Even if what SiO offers is not what you initially wanted, please accept it as you will only receive one offer. It is better to apply for internal moving after you have arrived in Oslo, than to take the risk of arriving with no accommodation option.